What are the benefits of digital asset management with TESSA compared to other providers and systems?
The advantages of TESSA DAM in comparison with other providers
Compare yourself and learn more about the benefits that TESSA has over other DAM systems.
Despite its young age, TESSA can benefit from many practical experiences that could be used in the development of TESSA compared to many established and large DAM solutions. - Compared to other solutions, TESSA was developed from the practical point of view and was developed right from the start according to the requirements and wishes of the customers. Thus, TESSA's experience gained from numerous projects in the areas of DAM (Digital Asset Management) and PIM (Product Information Management). These were collected in over 15 years and reassembled in the development of TESSA DAM using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Developed from the field
In the development of TESSA, the focus is placed so that with TESSA it must be possible to solve everyday problems easily and simple. Over the timeof more than 15 years, we have been able to gather the foundations for this way of thinking with various projects in the areas of DAM, MAM, PIM, eCommerce and CMS. Compared to other providers, TESSA was not created on the drawing board, but out of practice.
- TESSA DAM has a transparent pricing model
TESSA is open and honest with pricing information (compared to some established DAM systems manufacturers and suppliers). Therefore, we talk about our Prices and communicate them transparently on the Website . Our Prices are simple and easy to understand. TESSA has no hidden costs or fees compared to some competitors.
- Convincing DAM features at a fair price
TESSA offers all Features that you expect from a modern DAM system at a fair price. We avoid integrating additional features that make prices intransparent and unnecessarily complicated. Compared to our competitors, we think this way is customer-friendly.
- Focus on product-related assets
TESSA's focus is on managing and working with product-related assets. This does not mean that we do not have other types of asset management, such as Master brand asset management. - But product-asset-management is the best we can do now.
If you are a manufacturer or distributor of products and your main requirements lie in managing product-related assets (manuals, marketing materials, care instructions, data sheets, Parts lists, scene or product images, image or explanatory videos, etc.) TESSA is the right solution for you. With digital asset management, TESSA can optimally support you with some features that are missing in comparable solutions from larger competitors.
- A DAM system for optimal interaction with PIM systems (e.g. Akeneo)
TESSA DAM is able to optimally access and use product data from your PIM system compared to many other systems. Simply connecting to your PIM system and linking assets and product data brings many benefits. So you can, for example search for assets directly in TESSA DAM by searching any attributes (title, description, categories, article numbers, etc.) of your product data. TESSA can thus give you show all assets for a product in whose description certain keywords are mentioned or which are linked to the product number you are looking for.
- The DAM system with the perfect integration with Akeneo PIM
TESSA DAM is the first and most comprehensive Integrated DAM system in Akeneo PIM. Starting with version 1.5, the first version of the Connector was available for Akeneo. This Connector extends Akeneo to a full DAM in both the Community and Enterprise versions. System. The bidirectional connection makes it possible to access asset data both from Akeneo and to use product data from TESSA. - Such a comprehensive and profound integration can currently not be found on the market by any other DAM system.
And because transparency and open communication at TESSA DAM is also serious, you can take a look at the system here . No registration or filling in a webform is necessary. You can take a first look at TESSA and if you have any questions or want a free demonstration of all the features of TESSA you are welcome to Contact us.
Functions and Features
With these features, TESSA simplifies your daily work of adding images and media to your product data.
You finally find what you are looking for. With an interactive category system, referencing product data, or automatically determined metadata, you have the tools you need. You store the search queries under your favorites and share them with your colleagues.
Save the output data and let it convert automatically. For example, from a Photoshop template automatically generate JPEG for your presentation, PNG for the online store and TIFF for the print catalog - modern multi-channel marketing.
You demand more than a nice surface. TESSA also stands for efficiency and automation. Usability and user experience are the focus of every TESSA development. Surfaces and click paths are developed in close cooperation with our users and are subject to dedicated quality assurance.
Start the workflow without a file! Create placeholder assets, link and place them in campaigns and get notified when the status changes. Now you can ask colleagues or service providers to create the files. These placeholders will then be automatically updated in your campaign.
At the push of a button, TESSA generates individual Excel sheets with product data and according pictures. You can define the columns output your self. The best thing about it: The data can also be formatted and edited in Excel according to your needs. This way you create Price lists in no time.
You want to publish your brand portal with just a few clicks? This is quite simple. Distribute your assets via web portals. Here you can offer files for download or create a secure link on which photographers can send you new pictures. The files do not need to be offloaded to cloud services, they stay on your servers.
TESSA helps you verify every file change. The rollback option also allows you to access and restore previous versions. This prevents mistakes and creates transparency for all project participants.
With TESSA you can easily decide who can see and edit which files. Control the specific permissions by Individual user roles. That way you protect your system and data from beeing accessed by third parties.
TESSA provides standard integrations for a range of systems and enterprise solutions such as PIM-, CMS- and ERP-systems. We also have a plug-in for Adobe products. Plus, you get an universal RESTful API that lets you connect almost any software to your media database.
With TESSA collections can also be exported as editable PowerPoint presentations or Excel files. Using predefined templates, you and everyone else in the company can choose how they want to present their data. Easily create multi-page presentations of the product lineup in CI-compliant layout or illustrated price lists for sales.
TESSA in action
Watch our videos to see how easy it is to work with TESSA-DAM and how steps can be automated.
Upload & Save
- Qualify uploads - Keep your media database tidy. Data can not be created arbitrarily in the media database. After the upload, you qualify new files and decide whether they should be transferred to the library as an asset.
- Read metadata - Save annoying typing. TESSA automatically reads the existing metadata (XMP, IPTC, Exif) during the upload and makes it available for the search index. This can be information about resolution, colorspace or author.
- Supported Formats - With TESSA you can easily manage all formats. It does not matter what type of media you want to discard: photos or graphics, audio or video files, artwork or office documents.
- Bulk upload - Easily save multiple media into your database at the same time. Just drag your files via drag&drop into the browser window. During the import you can allready tag and categorize your files.
- Workflows - Map your individual business processes. The workflow module helps you to model release and editing processes. Status-dependent notifications inform participants about the following tasks.
Organize & Manage
- Duplicate Check - Never duplicate files again! The system detects duplicates automatically and assists you with the cleanup. This saves storage space and keeps your media database up to date and concise.
- Bulk Editing - Get everything done by one click. Optimized dialogs let you adjust metadata, such as photographs or the product pictured, on many assets at the same time.
- Image Recognition - Auto Image Recognition recognizes image content and suggests matching keywords or categories. In addition to image content, text contents can also be recognized, evaluated and, for example, used for a full text search via OCR methods.
- Taxonomy - Take advantage of any complex keyword tree over a one-dimensional folder structure. The taxonomy, ie the categorization and classification of your data, is individually customizable.
- Versioning - Easily track changes. The media database logs all asset versions so you always have access to the most recent file. In release or correction loops internals, agencies or customers can be integrated.
- Media Archive - Focus on your current assets. Media can be marked as archived and are therefore no longer included in the search. So you only find what is actually relevant to you.
Search & find
- Complex Searches - Detailed search criteria allow you to filter by product features, geo-data or creator. You can also customize, save and share your filtering options with colleagues.
- Media Preview - With just a click you can preview the automatically previewed documents, pictures, and videos without having to download the original and installing an application to open on your PC or Mac.
- Instant hit list - Search thousands of assets in seconds. The extensive full-text search function with numerous filters gives you the desired result immediately. Even complex searches are processed in no time.
- Save reference data - Perfect for manufacturers and distributors. Storage Reference data (such as product or vendor data) on an asset, which can then be used to search or retrieve files. For example, media can be renamed to article numbers during export.
- Scrolling - Works despite slow internet connection. Multi-page documents are displayed directly in your browser in a clear preview. You do not need to download the file to read it.
Ideal for manufacturers and distributors
Be faster on the market and do it like our customers! TESSA is already being used by many different customers from a wide variety of industries.
See what we have improved at TESSA! An overview of new features in the past versions.
TESSA 1.1.0 - 1.3.0